Start Your Journey Here
Whether you feel called to share yoga as a teacher or want to embark on a journey of self-discovery and transformation, 5 Points Yoga has a Teacher Training program that’s right for you.
With national certification by the Yoga Alliance and 7 years of leading teacher training in Athens, GA, learn how to teach real yoga alongside real students while doing real life together.
This will be our 16th training and we would love for you to be a part of the graduating class of 2021.
Why Choose 5 Points Yoga
Group learning features asana study, alignment and practical application.
Individual study provides students with multiple opportunities to live out the principles of yoga and develop clarity for their life.
Gain personal healing from Shannon’s life coaching and Anne’s mind-body transformation work.
Meet the Teachers
Three highly experienced teachers with one shared vision:
To support each participant in a safe environment as they learn the practical and profound wisdom of yoga, and find strength and healing within themselves.
With over 43 years of collective practice, you can feel confident that you are being taught by the most qualified teachers in town.
What You Will Learn
Yoga Class Basics
- How to improve your yoga practice
- How to teach a yoga pose
- The art of teaching
- How to sequence poses to create a class
- Alignment in yoga poses
- Functional anatomy
- Restorative poses
- How to modify poses
- Observing bodies and alignment
- When and whether touch and adjusting is helpful
- History of yoga
- Introduction to meditation
- Breathwork (pranayamas): how to practice and teach
- Exploration of chakra system
- Chanting: exploration of mantra as a protection for the mind
- Yoga Sutras
2020 Class Schedule
Thursday and Friday, 5-8:30pm. Saturdays 8am-4pm.
|One||March 26 - 28|
|Two||April 2 - 4|
|Three||April 30 - May 2|
|Four||June 4 - 6|
|Five||July 9 - 11|
|Six||July 30 - August 1|
|Seven||August 20 - 22|
|Eight||September 17 - 19|
|Nine||October 1 - 3|
|Ten||November 12 - 14|
|Eleven||December 10, 11, 12|
|Twelve||January 15 - 16, 2021|
|Graduation||January 29, 2021|
Tuition and Enrollment
$2500 *First 5 people to pay in full receive a $500 discount. Next 5 enrollees who pay in full receive a $250 discount.
How to Join
- Enroll by clicking the register button below. You will redirect to a MindBody signup page.
- Once you have filled out the contact information, you can pay in full or make a deposit. A nonrefundable $500 deposit secures your spot in the class.
- To make a deposit in the MindBody online application, click “account payments” which is to the left of the shopping cart. Select the $500 deposit option from the dropdown menu.
- The remainder of the balance can be paid all at once online or through a payment plan.
- The early bird discount is only available to those who pay in full.
- You are responsible for the entirety of tuition.
- If you need to set up a payment plan, reach out to Shannon.
- A recurring monthly payment of $175 will auto-draft on the first of each month of the training.
- Purchase a book bundle for $49. This includes: Light on Yoga, The Key Muscles of Yoga, and Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Your deposit ensures your spot is reserved in the training. Please keep in mind that your spot is not reserved until the deposit is paid and you receive confirmation. Should you decide not to move forward with the training, you will forfeit the deposit.
Withdrawal, Transfer, and Cancellation Policy
Should you need to withdraw from the training, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund.
- If you withdraw more than 30 days prior to the start of the training, your tuition will be refunded minus the deposit and a processing fee of $150.
- If you need to withdraw within 30 days of the training start date, 50% of your tuition is refundable. This is true for those who have paid in full and those that are on auto-draft.
- If your payment plan is on auto-draft, note that you are still responsible for the remainder of the tuition balance.
- You may also elect to transfer your deposit to a future training for the transfer fee.
- If you have paid in full and the training has already begun, you will forfeit any refund, but be able to transfer your spot to a future training with a processing fee of $50-100.
Once enrolled, should you not be able to continue with your current training, you have the option to transfer to a future training session for a fee, minus any early bird discount you may have received. This is a non-refundable fee applied to your account. If the program you are changing to has an applicable early bird discount, you are eligible to receive the discount for that specific program.
If you decide to transfer:
- 30 days or more before the start date of current training = $50 transfer fee.
- Less than 30 days before start date = $100 transfer fee.
In other words, if you sign up for a training that begins in February, but decide January 30th to transfer your deposit to a training that begins the following year, there will be a $100 transfer fee. If you decide to transfer to a different training by December 31st, then there will be $50 transfer fee.
Athens 5 Points Yoga reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. If this happens, you will be given a full refund.